Swingin' da MoODz

Wilkommen Sie in die "Bitchy World"! Just babbling about things in my life in general, nothing more or less :P

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bad Shopping Day...

I went to Esplanade the other day to watch a movie because it's the cinema that's close to where I live. I don't go there very often but almost everytime I go, I happen to do some shopping. And Kyra is the one that I usually go buy something. Kyra is a shop that sells lingerie, just like Victoria's Secret. Not just the category of business that is alike..even the shopping bag is almost the same! Well, I don't know if Kyra brand has anything connected with VS..so if anyone can enlighten me, please do so. Because let me tell you...the shopping bags are just wayyyyyy too much alike.


Am I exaggerating?? Don't think so..

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, Kyra is a Thai owned company partnered up with some foreign investor..well that's pretty much I gather from their website, www.kyramode.com, Kyra has its own lingerie and also distribute Playboy lingerie in Thailand as well. (Actually, what I usually end up buying from them is Playboy's..only this one time it's Kyra's)

So this particular Kyra at Esplanade always has 2 good looking staffs looking after the place. Sometimes I'm not sure if they are just 'staffs' because some of them act like they are the owner or owner's daughter..from the way they deal with customers. But I don't know, most of the customers are female, since it's female lingerie...so I think we women prefer nice staffs, not just the pretty face. Unless, the business strategy here is to lure male customers to buy underwears for their girls.

So this time I went in there with my friend, Pue (as usual, we hang out together so much now it's almost like a lesbian couple!), I just wanted to have a look if they had any new collection and they sure did. So I bought just one set of underwear this time because other styles just...not that appealing. To be honest, I like VS better and the push-ups from VS is soooooo much better and it really works!

These are the one I just got from Kyra

So I tried on a couple but ended up buying just one, but I still bought it, right? Gosh, I hate it sometimes when you tried on something and felt like you were obligated to buy it eventhough you didn't like it as much. By the way, just for extra information, during that time I was in the shop, there were only me, my friend, and other 2 girls looking around in the shop. By the time I went to pay, the other 2 girls actually left and there were only me and Pue in there. So it's not like the staffs were busy or anything.

There were 2 of them, one was helping me out when I tried them on and handling the purchase, in other words, dealing with me. The other one had the braces on and looked prettier (in a modern-Thai-but-chinese-looking plus bitchy sort of way, the way that Thai guys would die for.) So when it was time to pay, I decided to use my credit card. After the receipt was printed out, the first girl said, "Could you fill this form out also, so you would get to be a member and get discount when you purchase?" And then I realized that I ALREADY had the membership card which was like in my wallet the whole time. So before I signed the credit card receipt, I told them that actually I already had the card and actually said sorry that I forgot (which it's their job to ask for membership card before you pay anyway but they didn't!!) So I asked them if I could get a discount for this one, plus I haven't even signed the receipt yet (which even though I did, they could just make a refund on it anyway. I didn't many times when I worked on duty free sales inflight.)

Guess what, the bitchy girl with braces gave another staff such a nasty look which you could tell it would say something like, "why did you mention about the discount now??" Both of them were silent for a few seconds, then the bitchy girl said, "you can get the points with this one."

She totally ignored my question about discount!! So I asked, "Can't I just get the discount, though? And what would the points do anyway? What will I get from the points?"

Again, she totally ignored the question and simply said, "You can get the points, there are two options, discount and collect points."

Hmm...is it so hard to just give me the fucking discount??

Let me tell you right here...it's absolutely has nothing to do with trying to save a hundred Baht matter...it is all about customer service!!

I don't even know about their membership policy, maybe you could get either one, or you could get both from the same purchase! But what I know that time is that she was refusing to give me the discount.

So I go, "Why is it so hard to just give me the discount now? I haven't even signed the receipt yet and it's just printed like a few minutes ago. You can just make a refund and then swipe the card again. It would just take only a couple more minutes, wouldn't it? There's no other customers here even!"

And you know what she said???

She said, "We are handling big order right now," with an arrogant expression on her face. She acted like we were wasting her time. So buying only one set of lingerie worth nothing? Kyra only wants BIG ORDER? Then why bother opening up retail shops???

I was completely stunned by her behavior and got speechless for awhile. I wanted to say something..but decided to wait until she finished doing the refund for me. I was a bit afraid to piss her off again because she might not do a refund for me, you know? how ridiculous is that!

Another part of me just wanna tell her to forget this damn thing. Since my purchase doesn't worth anything, then why bother buying it, right?

It seemed like the other staff was surprised by the bitch's behavior as well. She actually said sorry to me. At the moment I felt like I was asking their favor or something, from looking at the bitch's expression on her face. She looked irritated....and I started to wonder if she really worked there or she was the owner?? And if she was someone big from Kyra, is that how you treat your customer???

After the refund process was done and I got a new receipt, I looked at the bitch and said, "You know got a VERY VERY bad attitude. I can't believe how could you treat customers like this!" I was so angry and my voice was kinda raised. So I turned to the other girl and told her, "But you, you are fine, I'm sorry that I put you in this awkward situation. But your colleague is very, very bad and because of her, I won't be coming back here again ever."

So I looked at the bitch with braces again, she finally said, "Sorry." but the look she had on her face wasn't sorry at all. It was still stuck up and arrogant. So I said, "Don't bother, you don't mean it anyway."

And then I left with furious...and disbelief ...I've never ever had such bad customer service experience like this before. Well, I'm just a small purchasing power customer who buys only one or two at a time...so if Kyra can't be bothered...then why should I?

Seriously, I will not buy any product from this brand anymore. And I'm sure they wouldn't give a shit anyway. It's not even my favorite brand!

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Line Thamawat said...

Oh shit, hate it when personnel doesn't understand the value of good customer service. Well,I'll stay out of Kyra's at least. And yeah, the shopping bags look mysteriously alike.

:)
Hope you get to enjoy your new cute lingerie anyway!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tob-mun-luey-Gwang!
hahahaha...
Sorry that it happened to you.
If i were you, i would be just a nice girl telling them it's ok. and take the full price. I hate to be like that sometime too, you know :(
btw, love reading your story as always. miss you. Let's go to Big Echo na!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home