Swingin' da MoODz

Wilkommen Sie in die "Bitchy World"! Just babbling about things in my life in general, nothing more or less :P

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Super Quick Trip to San Francisco...

If you are going to San Francisco...
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you are going to San Francisco...
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

This song is one of my favorite (especially the remixed one by Global Deejays, hehe)

Not so long ago, I just got a chance to visit San Francisco for the time. It is a beautiful city indeed! Unfortunately, I was only there for a few days so I didn't get to see all of it..yet.

Gold Gate Bridge...far far away..

Palace of Fine Arts...

A bit tired from the flight ;)

Lombard Street, the Crooked Street of San Francisco...


From the Bottom...

The Famous Cable Car!!

On the Golden Gate bridge :)

From the hill...

It sure was pretty windy and cold!!

What a nice shot!! For an amateur like me!

Alcatraz tour..pretty crowded!

Welcome to the Rock!

I'm not arrested here, am I? :)

Me and the cells...

HELP!!! I'm locked up!!

A view of San Francisco from the Alcatraz. It gave me a lonely feeling somehow..

Waiting for my visitor :)

That's it, my quick trip to San Francisco...
Sorry for the lack of writing and info on this one..I'm kinda just updating for the sake of my blog :P

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~Sawatdee krup Gwang~

Wow, beautiful pics from San Francisco! I've never been there before, but I did live in Monterey, California, which is on the coast south of SF, when I was a little kid. I hope to visit SF some day!

I liked the "Famous Cable Car!!" pic - that would make a nice watercolor painting (I like to do art). Maybe if I do it and it turns out ok, I'll send it to you if you want.

When you toured Alcatraz, did the guide mention the takeover by American Indian activists in the 1960s? That's why someone painted "Indians Welcome" over the sign. That was a big part of the Indian rights movement back then.

Heh-heh, I hope you get to visit Haight Ashbury next time - then you can sing "If you're going to SF, be sure to wear flowers in your hair...":)That's a great old Sixties song (but I've never heard the remix).

Best wishes!

PS - Too bad about the police stopping you (your last entry). No, I don't think you were being overly sensitive, you had every right to be pi@&^ed off, not just because of the fact that they searched your purse, but because of the things they asked you that they wouldn't have asked if you had lighter skin.

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gwang,

Glad to see you enjoyed your time in SFO! Such a beautiful city, and I might say ... you "fit right in!"

I work out of SFO (although I don't live there), but haven't gotten to enjoy the city as much as I would have liked. You know how it is when you work in a city ... seems the tourists know more about it than you do, even though you spend a lot of time "passing through."

Anyway ... just wanted to compliment you on your blog, and on this post in particular, since it has some commonality between us.

I think you might just have a new fan! I've enjoyed learning about your last two years TREMENDOUSLY!

Take care ... and keep posting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home