Swingin' da MoODz

Wilkommen Sie in die "Bitchy World"! Just babbling about things in my life in general, nothing more or less :P

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cherry Blossom in Narita

I just had a chance to visit a temple in Narita, Japan. Fortunately, it was the right time to see Cherry Blossom (Sakura)!!

The place I went to see the Sakura is Naritasan Shinshoji Temple. It took about 15-20 (or 30, if you are a slow walker like me, hehe) minutes from Keisei Narita Station on foot.

The road to Naritasan Temple

It is such a huge complex!

Some Sakura along the way :)

The Great Pagoda of Peace
The Pagoda was erected in prayer for world peace in 1984. World leaders’ messages and prayers for eternal world peace have been placed in the time capsule which lies under the ground beneath this Great Pagoda (more info at Naritasan Shinshoji Temple website.)

Another view of The Great Pagoda of Peace :)

Cherry Blossom baby!! Suay Mak Mak!!

It's pretty bright that day :)

Looking down from the Pagoda



The Shakado Hall

Some statues along the way to Shakado Hall

The Shakado Hall is former main hall of the Temple, erected in 1858. The image of Shakanyorai Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, is now enshrined here.

A small building nearby Shadako Hall, not sure exactly what it is (sorry!!) But it has a bell in front of it as you see.Incense sticks for you to pray :) Don't forget to donate some money to the temple.

In front of Shadako Hall..you can put water on the statue..don't ask me how it works..I don't know again :(

Turtles on a turtle rock!


I'm guessing this is a sort of cemetery, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Again, I don't know what these are...(I'm thinking of learning Japanese now, actually.)

Charms selling...
And the charms are quite pricey, if you ask me!
And scrolls, 50k YEN!! wow...(again, I don't know what they are for...sorry...)

Souvenir shop :)

Japanese preserved fruits, wanna try? They are pretty good..

Posing with sakura, hehe.


Beautiful, isn't it? (I mean the Sakura, not me..)

Sorry if I put too many photos, it's my first time seeing the Sakura. So please bare with me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home